Representatives of the different constituencies of the Food Sovereignty Alliance are participating in the Kisan Maha Panchayat, launched by major Indian Farmer Unions affiliated to the All India Coordination Committee of Farmers Movement (AICCFM), protesting against the governments anti-farmers policies:
* The Land Acquisition Ordinance
* The Shanta Kumar High Level Committee on restructuring FCI,
* Policies that are aggressively promoting GM crops,
* Absence of fair and remunerative prices for farm produce
* A Farm Income Commission
* Removing agriculture from Free Trade Agreements including WTO
Leaders from Adivasi Aikya Vedika, Dalit Mahila Sangham and the Chinnakaru-Sannakaru Rythulu Sangham, addressed the meeting, along with several other speakers.
Ms Marskola Kamala, Leader from Adivasi Aikya Vedika, Telangana,
Ms Murugamma, Leader, from the Dalit Mahila Sangham, Andhra Pradesh,
Mr Krishan Rao, Convenor, Adivasi Aikya Vedika, Andhra Pradesh
Mr Apparao, Leader from the Chinnakara Sannakara Rythulu Sangham, Andhra Pradesh
They continued to participate on 19th March 2015.
Read more about the demands http://bhartiyakisanunion.blogspot.in/2015/03/1000s-of-farmers-decide-to-stay-put-in.html
See the statement of March 22, 2015 :http://bhartiyakisanunion.blogspot.in/